- 06MayEast Coast Deep Ancestral Healing Retreat
Friday 6 - 9 May 2022
Hunter Valley region7:30 pm-3:00 pm
We honour you for your immense courage in stepping forward to be the one to break and clear the unhealthy energetic baggage moving through your family line. Up until the age of about seven, we are unable to differentiate our energy from those in our environment (particularly our parent’s), absorbing them like a sponge. This includes their positive traits, but also their fears, anxieties, addictions, guilt, depression, low self-worth, anger and so on. These emotions, beliefs and energetic blueprints are handed down from parent to child along the family line making it incredibly difficult to realise our dreams or maintain healthy relationships.
Whilst it is natural to be hurt and upset by our parents’ limiting beliefs and how they treated us, it is important to know it is all just energy and can be rebalanced. For example, we may be upset at how our parents controlled us and the impact this is still having on our lives. Yet that energy of control may not even have originated with your parents, it is not their energy just as it is not yours. It may have started with their parents, your great grandparents or even way back down the family line originating through times of trauma or even war. The important thing to know is that you can track down and systematically clear this energy from within you which ripples through and benefits your entire family line.
** Please note due to the course content immediate family members are best not to do this together. Contact us if you would like to do this together and we will review your individual situation. **
Hunter Valley Retreat: new venue in the Hunter Valley
How does this energetic baggage picked up in your childhood affect your life now? In what way doesn’t it! It affects your beliefs, emotions, health, outlook and relationships. This energetic fog obscures the natural high vibration, intuition and clarity needed to manifest your dreams. We believe every soul is unique with a definite purpose. Achieving this purpose can be incredibly difficult when one continues to be overloaded with the negative energetic influences through the family line.
Can your parents take your energy? Yes, they can. Spiritual power is often given away when you were young to support and uplift your parents (or taken unconsciously by them). You can end up without the personal power required to walk through life with courage, strength and conviction.
How can this workshop help me? During this retreat you will systematically and safely release the negative energy you absorbed during your formative years. This includes the energetic baggage that weighs you down, clogs you up and poisons you. You will be guided to isolate, release and give all of that energy back into the fire of transformation. You will also take back what you have given away – your youth, vitality, confidence, self-worth, joy, love and so on. When you have reclaimed yourself, you can dream in your future without the blocks that make this virtually impossible. Little stands in the way from you and the universe around you, which is ultimately a divine one.
What actually happens on the retreat?
- Friday night: During the first evening we systematically review the tools and theory behind the retreat. We identify what is at stake – your freedom and joy and what stands in the way of that – the energy you need to release and clear. A powerful example of how to shift this energy is provided. Silence is maintained between attendees and the outside world from this moment on so you can dive into the work. Everything you can possibly need is taken care of for you on this retreat – all you need to focus on is shifting what is not your energy and reclaiming what is.
- Saturday (8am-8pm). Session 1: The first session removes two blocks to powerfully doing this work. Firstly, you rebalance your relationship with your parents as equals. As a child your parents were much bigger than you and dictated your life experience. If your parents are energetically bigger than you in your subconscious mind, you cannot powerfully clear the energy taken on from them. An effective technique is used to address this. Secondly, it is possible that your voice and free self-expression was limited during your childhood. You will reclaim your voice so you have the potency required to do the work.
- Saturday session 2: The work begins. You will be seated in a circle of 15 fellow participants (there will be 2 circles of 15 on the retreat on the East Coast). Opposite you will be a chair with pictures of your parents on them. On the Friday night you were guided how to find your parents unhealthy energy within you and given tools and examples of how to safely clear this from your system. Armed with these powerful techniques you begin to shift this energy supported by the potency of the group all doing this together. There will be two senior healers/teachers assigned to each group guiding you individually as needed throughout. They may use props like blankets, chains, rocks etc to help you simulate what energy you are giving back and how this is affecting you now. These healers/teachers have all completed the demanding shamanic training with One Tribe, have their professional indemnity insurance as practitioners and have all done this retreat themselves as participants. Each healer/teacher will rotate between sessions so you will get exposure to all of their gifts and loving support. Mark oversees and directs the entire process from start to finish and has done this with hundreds of people over many years. He continually refines this process to be as effective as possible. Below is an example of the layout for a circle.
- Saturday session 3: The first clearing session is more focussed on the dense heavy energy to be shifted – the control, depression, addictions, anger, fear etc. This second clearing session is focussed on removing limiting beliefs through your family line. This includes things like low self-worth, beliefs around capabilities of men and women, any limiting words they may have said about your looks, abilities and intellect (which are a reflection of how they view themselves) and so on. Our beliefs create our reality so it is important they are your own and healthy ones.
- Saturday session 4: This session is focussed on clearing the emotional pain and hurt. The deep inner feelings of rejection, separation and abandonment and all the associated heartache that goes with it. The rejection you may have suffered as a child is not yours, it is handed down energetically through the family and can be shifted.
- Saturday session 5: The final session for the day is focussed on what needs to be cleared physically. This includes things like violence seen and experienced along with sexual abuse. The techniques shared work incredibly effectively at clearing this energy. For example, with sexual abuse you release and clear any of their guilt, their secrets and silence, their distorted unclean sexual energy and so on. You also take back all of your healthy sexual energy and safety. You may work on any sexual abuse suffered throughout your life here. If you have not experienced this abuse you have the option to rest for this session.
- Sunday (8am-8pm). Session 1: During this first session we work on anything still unresolved and outstanding. Having rested the night what needs to come to the surface for release naturally presents itself.
- Sunday session 2: The second session works with siblings. There is often a lot of sibling rivalry growing up. At times our parents can give us the role of looking after their children which can create unhealthy and unnatural roles within the family dynamic. These are all addressed in this session. If you do not have siblings you will continue working with any energy remaining that presents to be cleared.
- Sunday session 3: The heavy work of safely giving energy back into the fire of transmutation ended in the last session. This session is about taking your power back and is a real highlight of the retreat. You will learn a sacred take your power back song with its accompanying simple dance movements to go with it. You will dance and sing your power back facing each of the four directions – east, south, west and north. You will dance your mental, emotional, physical and spiritual well being and power back into your body. You will lie down and rest in between each direction.
- Sunday session 4: During this round you will be guided how to nurture, look after and rebalance the child within. As we often did not get the support, love, nurturing and respect during our formative years our inner subconscious child takes over trying to get those things for us. Our subconscious has no awareness of time so if we only got love and attention in an unhealthy way as a child this often continues into our adult years. If we felt unsafe in loving relationships the subconscious child may continue feeling unsafe now and create blocks and walls to love, even sabotaging potentially healthy relationships. This is an important and powerful session to reclaim and rebalance our subconscious minds.
- Sunday session 5: During this session we break out in groups to hear and be heard. To share our journey and listen to those who journeyed alongside us. For the vast majority of participants this is the deepest, most transformative and most exposing work they have done their whole lives. Everything here is real, deep and authentic. Everyone truly goes for it and is incredibly courageous and vulnerable in doing so. Even though there has been silence throughout, there is incredible intimacy through the shared journey. This sharing really helps ground and integrate the experience. It is so powerful to be truly heard and to hear another.
- Monday (7am-3pm) Session 1: Mini (4-5 hours) vision quest in nature. In beautiful surrounding bush we will vision alone gaining clarity on our lives to come. For some this journey is one of rebalancing, for others it is further releasing and clearing and for the majority this is about dreaming in the future. Now I am clear of my family’s energy – what now? This ancient process of receiving guidance from within and through nature is powerful way to end the retreat.
- Monday Session 2: During this session we provide tools to live life through the heart and how to manage other people’s energy in our day-to-day life. We also discuss integration and next steps.
- Tuesday: Two integration tools will be provided to you through email. The first is a free 22 days of light meditation: 20 minutes a day for 22 days. This will help you reclaim your core essence and maintain it as you integrate back into life. The second tool is a 6-session program called Shamanic Reboot – Return to Love ($33). Now that you have cleared out your family energy, the next thing to work on is our patterns and how we operate in the world. This guided journey reprograms your life from start to end – all in love. It is strongly recommended you do this for 40 days straight to reprogram your subconscious mind to EXPECT LOVE…
- 1 week after the retreat is complete: 1.5 hour zoom integration session to check in and rebalance.
Where does this powerful work originate?
Mark learned these powerful healing techniques and processes through his mother’s Guru Sai Maa (the most powerful healer Mark has come across). Mark had been actively healing his traumatic childhood since he was 16 years old. The culmination of that work was doing a retreat 2 decades later with Sai Maa in 2013. As soon as he completed that retreat, he wrote Sai Maa a letter saying she HAD TO teach this work, it could not be done solely by one person. Upon returning to Australia, he tuned in with his own guides about what the people needed. He immediately got the Give Back Take Back & Fly Free retreat which incorporates the techniques he learned in his journey with Sai Maa along with shamanic principles he has already mastered. Sai Maa gave him her full blessings to do this work which he commenced immediately. A year later Sai Maa got in touch with Mark asking him to join a program she had created to teach this work. He trained with her for a year doing that. Sai Maa no longer offers these healing retreats but the work still continues through Mark. Mark gifts 10% of revenue received back to Sai Maa in acknowledgement of her work and teachings. Sai Maa is made aware of all retreats and actively continues to give her blessings for it.
Is this retreat suitable for me? This is an intense retreat designed to bring up and clear stuck emotions and mental patterns. Whilst this is a freeing and liberating process for most, it is very intense and is not for everyone. If you are unwilling to experience in yourself or witness in others’ strong, powerful emotional releases it is strongly recommended you do not attend. As this can be a challenging retreat it is recommended only for those who are ready to participate. If you are unsure about your capacity to participate please consult your medical practitioner. In addition to consulting your medical practitioner, Mark Steinward can be contacted on 0410 524 281 for more information.
What participants say about the course?
Accommodation and Food
A wonderful Hunter Valley hideaway set on 200 acres of beautiful Australian bush-land at the foot of the majestic Watgan Mountains in NSW (less than a couple of hours drive from Sydney with easy transport options for interstate and international participants). We will have an in-house cook making beautiful organic meals (not first night).
Hunter Valley Retreat: new venue in the Hunter Valley
What is provided?
- All organic vegetarian meal.
- Linen, towels, pillows & doona etc (some people like to bring their own pillow).
- Two people per room (all bedrooms are generous sizes) with options of paying extra to have your own room.
- All apartments have their own fans, microwaves, bar fridge, kettle and toaster.
- Wifi is available but we do discourage internet use – we recommend you disconnect from the plugged in world and be in nature. Give this time to yourself letting your loved ones know contact may be limited.
When you complete the application form, you can let us know where you are coming from and how you intend to travel there.
The retreat is under 2 hours drive from Sydney and w e can arrange carpooling from Sydney (or other regions) to share the burden of travel.It is not far from Newcastle where transport options are available to the retreat – we can pickup from Newcastle Terminal and Newcastle Airport (extra $45 each way).
You can catch a train from Sydney to Morisset Station and we will organise a transport pickup and take you to the retreat (extra shared cost TBC). We can arrange carpooling from Sydney (or other regions) to share the burden of travel.
Flight recommendations TBC
What trains to catch from Sydney
Train details to Morisset Friday 19th of March – Morisset Station pickup to venue about 4:30pm :
(if not getting a lift from a student)
Train recommendations TBC
Driving from Sydney to the retreat
DIRECTIONS TO HUNTER VALLEY RETREAT, 626 Sandy Creek Rd Quorrobolong NSW
- It is 90 minutes’ drive north of Sydney, 40 minutes inland from Newcastle and 15 minutes south of Cessnock.
- From Sydney take the F3 Freeway heading north.
- Take the Cessnock Exit
- Continue towards Cessnock through Brunkerville
- Turn left at Sandy Creek Road taking the green sign to Quorrobolong.
- Follow this road over the bridge and through the mountain turns.
- The retreat venue is number 626, located on the right-hand side of the road after the white Quorrobolong sign and at the exact point where the speed limit changes from 80km/hr to 100km/hr.
- Look for the black wood fencing and the fairy lights throughout the property (when arriving at night). You have arrived!!!
Flight recommendations TBC
Feedback from a participant 6 months on:
We have included this as it is taken straight after the retreat – but what about its potential longer term effects?
Hello One tribe, What an amazing time I had on the give back take back retreat! Firstly I would like to thank you all. I am truly grateful to Mark & Sue each of you played an important part of my journey. To the two beautiful women behind the scene’s – they played an important part of this weekend being so nurturing with their amazing food, made with such love…thank you ladies!
I have been on a journey to myself for about 18 years & after completing this retreat I am finally free to be me. Over the last 18 years I have done full on seminars some I stayed for 3 days & some went for 2 days for 12 hours per day. They were intense, in your face, uncomfortable, exhausting. I wouldn’t take back any of them as they all played an important part of my journey. What I want to share with you is, after the seminars you were on a high & everything was wonderful for about 2 weeks. But slowly old habits started to form again but on a smaller scale than before but still there. They helped me heal relationships, forgive & mentally work through situations that I was faced with. But why was something still not right?
My experience on the retreat was absolutely mind blowing for me. One Tribe provide a safe, gentle & well guided journey. Wow! You know it still amazes me when I think about it! So to break it down for you by the second day, I saw my life for how it really was….I was shown in my silence the real story & it just made so much sense, all the pieces of the puzzle had come together. I felt like I was starting the grieving. When the time was right, I began to give back what wasn’t mine. This process was so gentle, I felt completely safe & I had complete trust in One Tribe. But my processing & healing didn’t stop at the end of the retreat. That night when I went home I continued to do the Process. The next day was the beginning of my new journey, looking at the world through my eyes.
How was Take back Give back different to all the other course? I wasn’t on a high, I felt grounded. I felt & still feel like I have a 360 degree vision on everything in my life. I did the retreat about 6 months ago now & I can tell you that it is truly the best gift I have ever given myself! The only self development course for me in the future will be about my future, not my past! Its funny, its the small things that have changed that have made the biggest effects. On the Monday after One tribe did a follow up & has continued to stay in contact. I was amazed at the time they gave me…truly caring souls. Thank you all for sharing your gifts with me. I am so grateful & my heart is completely open. We did it…I’m home!
Lots of love & light,